21 September 2009

Alex Talks COTD & "Storm To Pass"

NoiseCreep.com interviewed Atreyu front-man Alex Varkatzas and talked about Congregation of the Damned as well as their first single Storm to Pass.
"We're back to what makes us us. We're going to shred, be punk, yell and scream." - Alex Varkatzas

Alex also tells NoiseCreep.com that Storm to Pass is about depression and war.
"You can feel that depression coming on, you can see yourself doing fucked up things, but you can't stop it," he says. "I grew up watching the first Iraq war and the invasion of various countries and how the whole thing became one giant shit storm.
In reference to some fans' (but not this fan here) disappointment with Lead Sails Paper Anchors, Alex had this to say:
"It's got everything from older Atreyu, which I think is a lot heavier and more metallic. And then we've got newer stuff, but our newer stuff is a lot more dark and melodic -- it's not as poppy at all. I think there was a real conscious effort, especially on my part and the rest of the dudes in the band to watch our popmeter, and really get back to a darker, rougher sound."
You can check this out on NoiseCreep.com.

2 comments:

  1. I'm all for whatever Atreyu puts out. I've loved all of their albums, however different they have been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all ur music! my favorite album is the curse but you guys do good no matter what I really cant wait too see what all is on the new album I just know im gonna love it!!

    ReplyDelete