30 September 2009

KNAC.Com Talks Atreyu & COTD

KNAC.com posted an article talking about the "summer music scene" where they mentioned Atreyu's upcoming Congregation of the Damned as well as an interview with Dan. Below is an excerpt from the article (emphasis my own).
"I spent a little while interviewing members of Atreyu who would be hitting the main stage third, after Hollywood Undead who I completely missed. The boys from my town of Huntington Beach, Ca. have recording a new CD, entitles “Congregation of The Damned” (out Oct. 27th), and I recently witnessed an AMAZING set by them a few months back at the Rock On The Range festival in Columbus, Ohio.

Guitarist Dan Jacobs told me that the band will be touring in support of their latest CD this fall with the previously mentioned, Hollywood Undead. He also said that their upcoming record would be a change in direction to some of the old-school metalcore sound of Atreyu’s earlier work. “Very KNAC.COM friendly, I’m guessing”? I asked. To which he exclaimed “We have some surprises for you.

As for their set, it was an all too brief half hour. It DID however, kick ass. Lead singer Alex Varkatzas is a dynamo on stage. Lots of energy as you would expect and great musicianship. Guitarists Jacobs and Travis Miguel shined in songs like “Right Side Of The Bed” and “Ex’s And Oh’s”. They even played a new song “Bleeding Is A Luxury” from their new CD..."
Less than a month away people!!! The link to this article can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment