16 October 2009

First COTD Review A Near Perfect Score

Hold onto your butts! Big Dan's mum Phyllis has just sent me a link to what as far I know is the first review of Congregation of the Damned released. And it's a whopper! The bottom line: they give it a near perfect, 9.5 out of 10! Below are some of the hightlights.
[Congregation of the Damned] is clearly another evolution in their career, or a slight devolution back to their old sound, depending on your perspective. For me, it’s a mixture of the two...

While Congregation of the Damned clearly has some of the same components that made Lead Sails Paper Anchor a commercial success, the majority of songs also have components that could break your neck from head banging to.

While people can argue over Atreyu “selling out”, no one with an open mind can deny this CD rocks to the same old Atreyu drum.

Other noteworthy songs on the CD are “Bleeding is a Luxury”, “So Wrong” and the title track “Congregation of the Damned”.

Overall Congregation of the Damned is a huge step up for Atreyu artistically and with the constant high-quality albums they produce, I can only imagine how good their next album will be. Overall I would give Congregation of the Damned a 9.5/10 because it was a solid album from start to finish.
Well I know this has got me excited, as if I wasn't already. Ten days to go! Holy shit! The entire article itself can be found here.

1 comment:

  1. Damn!

    That has me ever more excited for it!

    10 days left!!

    ReplyDelete