14 October 2009

Now Officially Recognized!

Well, I've had the site for about two months now and with over 200 friends on the MySpace page and about 65 followers on the Twitter page Atreyu News Headquarters has now been officially recognized by Atreyu.


You may remember in September that Ashely Saller (Brandon's lovely wife) gave her approval of the site (news story here). So in the last hour since Atreyu's Official Twitter tweeting to follow me on Twitter I have seen a surge in activity (wow, say that five times fast). If your new to the site, here's what you need to know.
  • The site is ran by one person, me, and my name is Jay. I'm 23 years old, male, college student, part time fast food employee.
  • I created this site because a site like I wanted to go to daily didn't exist. All the other Atreyu fans sites either sucked, weren't in English (though I do speak Spanish), or weren't updated in forever. So I said "Fuck it... I'll make one myself."
  • The site is check daily (as well as updated daily, see below)
  • I have an "Atreyu Pic Of The Day" each and every day. These pics are a mix of live, fan, official, and sometimes are of the whole band and sometimes of just one member or two.
  • And most importantly!!! This is a site of love! We don't bash Atreyu here. We don't say shit like "Oh you sold out" or "You've changed" or "LSPA sucked" or "You're shitty and mainstream"... blah blah blah. Personally, I love all of Atreyu. Old, new, and everything in between and I'm not afraid to say the most played Atreyu CD I have is LSPA. So there. Don't bitch. Don't complain. Just love.
  • As for content. Yes, I say fuck. But so does Atreyu. Also, I recognize that Atreyu fans are all over the map. They're male, female, gay, straight, bi, old, young, teen, adult, liberal, conservative, atheist, christian, jewish, islamic, hindu, white, black, latino, asian... etc etc etc. That said, discrimination of any kind whatsoever is not acceptable.
  • Did I say this is a place of love? Yeah. Again, it is!
So I hope all the noobs to the site love it and check in often.

2 comments:

  1. Nice...and by the way, the only reason I listen to Atreyu is because of LSPA....not that I don't like the old stuff, but that is what introduced me to them. I can't stand the "they sold out" crowd or they "they aren't brutal anymore" people. If they are happy with themselves, I will keep listening as long as I think the music is good. If you don't like it, don't buy it! Do you buy Barbara Streisand's albums if you don't like her? No...so stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't have said it better myself! You represent a lot of Atreyu's fans!

    ReplyDelete